Saturday, March 13, 2010

Back...


Got back yesterday morning from what has been an amazing trip... I've been gone for two weeks ( from the 27th of February, 2010 to the 12th of March, 2010 )

Cycled for 7 days with no breaks in between. I made it to Siwa on Friday, the 5th of March, 2010. Luckily I had the wind in my favor the last day, so I took advantage of it and saved myself one day of cycling (the original plan was 8 days)

Even though I didn't feel I was in love with this trip, unlike my first one, I began to love it as the days went by, realizing the different nature of the trip, mostly desert and howling wind against me. I'm quite proud of myself that I made it, specially that not many people has cycled to Siwa.

I've been very lucky to spend two days and one night in the Egyptian Western desert. I feel I have reached a new level of serenity and clamness.

The week that followed was mainly eating, the food there is amazing, drinking and partying. I had a lovely company of 5 of my friends (one of them I have just met on that trip) plus the lovely people of Siwa, their kindness and hospitality made this trip close to a dream.

I will post the pictures and excerpts from my dairy, hope I'd be able to deliver my feelings, emotions and scenary throughout the cycling days.

No comments:

Post a Comment